View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #24
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma
I am quite familiar with the psychosis of Augustinian thought in relation to how dirty, wretched and terrible the "SELF" is. The cognitive dissonance required to literalize the stolen mythologies and pagan beliefs co-opted by the monotheistic death cults seems to be tied to (or crucified upon) that central theme.

For the record, I never plan on having an abortion being that I am male, and I have yet to need such services for a partner because I know how to pull out. If I were to father a child, I would want to raise him/her because I value all life.

Your comments in reference to me killing Jews renders whatever logic you were planning to pull out of your bag pretty worthless. It is the "religious right" who is currently supporting genocide RIGHT THIS MOMENT in Iraq and Afghanistan. If you, defender of big baby Jesus riding in the clouds on the back of a unicorn, do not defend ALL life, even when in possession of a little more skin pigmentation, then you are a hypocrite.

If you do value ALL life, then please direct me to some quotes here where you blasted the president for killing MILLIONS of civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan. Take your time. I think you'll have to look a while.
My apologies to you. I should not have made it personal. I know better.

I also actually don't believe in ALL life, so I guess in the strictest of terms I am a hypocrite. Plants are living and reproducing, and I have no problem eating them -- in fact, I rather enjoy vegetables and need them to survive. Animals, like Beef and chicken and pigs are delicious to me. I am not a vegetarian.

People are another story altogether. Since that is what I am supposing you are talking about -- then I am still a hypocrite. I do not believe that serial killers - who kill innocent people -- deserve to keep living and keep killing. Yes, I believe in the death penalty.

As far as wars with "other" then I still believe that you do what is "right". Right is determined by God. Getting the information from him without getting man's interpretation with it is very tricky though.

Now, killing of the innocent seems wrong all the time. Whether you are talking about the unborn, starving children in a foreign country, killing villages of indians - or vietnamese, or genocide.

Is genocide out of the question -- no. Joshua was told to destroy everything and everyone. Saul was told to destroy everything and everyone --- in the Bible old testament. Elijah took and slew all the Baal worshipers in the valley of Kinshon because of what they believed.

So yes, my beliefs make me a hypocrite at times -- according to the limited knowledge of most humans. I accept that.

Jesus taught us to love our enemies though -- so I have learned that that line is hard to find, easy to cross, and usually depends on your own beliefs.

Hopefully when we do go to war -- our leadership is close enough in their walk with the heavenly father, that they are doing his will in these instances, and not just their limited humanly thoughts.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 09-17-2008 at 03:10 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote