View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 12:24 AM   #44
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that would seem to be at the heart of the issue, or "lie." I haven't paid close enough attention to this from the outset--frankly, because the whole idea that the big, bad Barack Hussein Obama endorsed teaching sex education to kindergarterners appeared to me an obvious ploy--but what was his role in the bill? Did he write it, or just co-sponsor it?

The reason I ask is that it is clear from the version of the bill you linked to that the bill was originally written to encompass grades six through twelve, and that K-12 was edited in later, along with the language about "age and developmentally appropriate" and the language about teaching kids to avoid sexual predators. What did Obama do? Write, edit in, or neither?

That said, I'm sure you noticed in your reading of the bill that abstinence education is strongly advocated for. And I'm sure you also noticed how any parent is free to opt their child out of whatever programs their school may choose to enact.

On my reading of it, it looked like a common-sensical piece of policy. It sounded like an attempt to teach kids exactly what their parents would teach them, if their parents hadn't bothered to do so. And I'm sure you will agree that this (parents not teaching their kids these things) is squarely at the root of the problems our society faces in this regard.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote