View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 10:39 AM   #53
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Keep it classy Obama.
http://wizbangblog.com/content/2008/...ppen-to-it.php
Quote:

A reader sent this link to an exclusive CBS 2 HD report that says Democrats threatened the tax exempt status of Jewish organizations involved in the rally if they didn't pull Sarah Palin's invitation:

Sources tell CBS 2 HD that a decision to disinvite Palin from the high profile rally after Clinton pulled out in a huff came as the result of intense pressure from Democrats...The groups sponsoring the rally against Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad speaking at the UN were reportedly told, "it could jeopardize their tax exempt status" if they had Palin and not Clinton or Democratic VP candidate Joe Biden on hand.

So all politicians were disinvited, most prominently, Palin.

"It's an absolute shame that this has happened," Hikind said. "To threaten organizations ... to threaten the Conference of Presidents that if you don't withdraw the invitation to Gov. Palin we're going to look into your tax exempt status ... that's McCarthyism."

Another Jewish group tried to step into the breach by inviting Palin to a different protest a day earlier.

"I'm absolutely appalled at the behavior of the Democrats," said Bob Kunst of Defenders.net. "I'm a Democrat and for the first time in my life I'm going to vote Republican. I can't take it anymore."

This is the politics of thuggery and intimidation. Let's not forget, Obama recently told his followers to argue with political opponents and get in their faces. Also, he's all for trampling his critics' free speech rights. When David Freddoso and, separately, Stanley Kurtz were on WGN radio to discuss his book The Case Against Barack Obama, Obama instructed his followers to interfere with the shows by flooding the radio station with phone calls and emails in an effort to prevent these two men the right to express their views. He doesn't have any problem with shutting down those he disagrees with because he thinks his ideas are so important that he's morally justified in shutting up his critics.

Steve Schippert wrote a great post earlier today in which he writes that Democrats, Obama ops specifically, were behind Palin's being disinvited from the rally. He was right.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote