View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #71
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyPelosi
“We will not simply hand over a $700 billion blank check to Wall Street and hope for a better outcome.”
I'd take this bet....Economic Minister Paulson will have his money in no time.

my short and dirty on the boondoggle:

you're gonna get raped if you don't do this, so drop your pants, bend over, spread your butt cheeks, and let us avoid this nasty outcome.

-----------------------

Let me add to this, as the federal government waltzes in and buys bad loans from banks......you know, because we can't have banks who make bad losses feeling any consequences...

....this is such a massive comingling of the Government and the Corporate that it's hard to call it anything other than a fascist economic policy. I submit that the reason this isn't commonly called fascism is because fascism is icky, not because the shoe doesn't fit.

Last edited by alexamenos; 09-22-2008 at 01:22 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote