View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 02:22 AM   #23
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub
I really don't understand how Arkansas is so bad this year. They're severely lacking at the QB position, but Texas just tossed them around Saturday like a bunch of rag dolls. I know there's a talent gap, but it shouldn't be that big. Arkansas has no less talent than Texas A&M, who has beaten Texas 2 years in a row.
Our lack of talent is all on Houston Nutt. One of those things you'll never hear the media talk about was his complete disregard for recruiting the last few years. Granted, he was never a world beater, but he used to do better at evaluating some "no-name" guys. Well his last 3 classes produced something like 35 players that are actually still on campus. That's 35 out of 75. And, of course, the ones that ARE still here aren't worth a damn. Jonathon Luigs (Remington winner) is the exception. He's the only NFL guy Nutt left behind.

The rest? A long list of 210lb athletes - guys recruited with no specific position in mind. So many guys have rotated between CB/S/LB it's almost funny. If you didn't notice, Colt McCoy was bigger than one of our LB's. It's just pathetic and it's one of the reasons I've been calling for Nutt's head since 2003.

Changing systems isn't helping matters, either. The guys on campus now were recruited to be in a run 90% of the time offense. Casey Dick was never taught anything about how to be a QB. The OL was never taught how to pass block. The receivers were never taught how to run routes. The secondary was never taught how to play zone defense.

We MIGHT be pretty damn good in 2010 but until then it's going to be ugly.

Last edited by ocelot_ark; 09-29-2008 at 02:24 AM.
ocelot_ark is offline   Reply With Quote