View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #29
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Arrrrghhh... And so the countdown begins...

Letting Dirk walk out of Dallas without compensation, the way the braintrust did with Nash in the Summer of '05, cannot be an option in 2010, because to do so would not only throw us immediately into complete rebuilding mode, but perversely, it would also set back that rebuilding effort by years.

If Dirk is going to play chicken with the organization by not signing an extension that will facilitate his retirement as a Mav, I'd say that the on-court success of our Mavs must improve in the '08-09 season and in the playoffs to the point that Dirk can be convinced to sign an extension in Dallas without testing unrestricted free agency, or else the exigencies of this cruel situation may well force a sad but resigned braintrust to deal Dirk for younger talent next Summer, or at the latest, by the trade deadline of the '09-10 season- and horribly, Dirk may even want this to happen.

I don't want this to be true, but I think it is...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-29-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote