View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #112
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Look Credit, we're discussing a specific subject here, that being whether the choice of moderator has a bit of a conflict of interest. Within this specific topic, race has not been brought up by anyone but you.

As to Warren, see UL's points above. There is nothing more to add on that subject.

Finally, you aren't honestly claiming that whether Obama wins or loses the election will not affect the sales of a book focusing on his effect on politics. Surely you can't be claiming that.

I'm not saying it will definitely affect the debate, but it is clearly a potential conflict of interest, and the majority of people involved int his thread have agreed.
See, once again you let your bitc* side come out again. I thought you had grew up, and also accepted your role as a moderator serious, but there you go again with that mess again. Stop the mess about not bringing up race. Last time I checked, the remarks were about the lady and her book about "BLACK" leaders. So, since Obama is black and she is black it became a bigger issue with fairness on top of her writing a book. See, you are quick to excuse Rick Warren for some reason?????? I wonder why??? I had no problem with it BUT it was very clear to me that debate/interview was clearly one sided for McCain, and the crowd was very much Pro-McCain. Did anyone bring that up, or did anyone say anything about the biggest topic of that time being Abortion? Abortion was the biggest topic, and "Clearly" we knew where Rick Warren told on that topic. Did McCain stand to gain in from of Rick Warren and all those white evanglical audience? Yes, he did.

You should have left "Black" out of your statement when you were talking about the book and Obama and that lady. You introduced race in the topic, and then I defended that she could moderate in fairness, and also the same thing could have been said about Rick Warren and the audience for that debate/interview. Once again you introduced race in this part of the conversation. You should have thought about there are rising black political leaders in both parties, and left this non-sense to those silly writers who brought this issue up, but no you decided to bring this silly mess up here.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote