View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 05:53 PM   #114
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
The reason (IMO) that Obama has seen his lead in the polls increase is simple. When the economy is in trouble, the party in the White House gets blamed. I don't think it's really any more complex than that.

Although I am vocally opposed to the bailout, if something doesn't happen relatively soon, I think Obama is going to sail to an easy victory.

As for the debate tonight, I agree with your analysis. Biden has to win handily, or it potentially has a negative impact on their campaign. And I don't think he'll win handily. Of course, does it really matter? The media will tell us he did.
I agree about why Obama is seems to be increasing the lead. But, on the other hand we all know what it takes to swing the votes seemingly back towards McCain. I have seen it time and time again from the Bush Administration. I expect a big scare coming out about National security real soon. I expect the media to be all over the so called National security risks going up, so natually I have never felt that the media learned towards the Democrats more than the Republicans. All Biden has to do tonight is stick to the task of attacking McCain, it has nothing to do with Palin. Palin will destroy herself if need be, but an attack by Biden on her, will cause her to do what she does best, and that is deflect and play blameless, and that touches on the sensitive side of most people.

This economy is in horrible shape and the war costs in money and loss of life to so many soliders have drained the American people. I am tired of it and my heart hurts for our soldiers. I just want them to come home safely, and as quickly as possible.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote