View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 06:48 AM   #375
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
And what the heck is with your last line? Jason Taylor is better because he has more sacks than Newman has interceptions? Um, sacks are a lot easier to come by in this league than interceptions . This is completely an apples to oranges comparisons. It's akin to saying Gus Frerotte is more explosive offensively than Adrian Peterson because he's got more yards so far than Peterson.

By the way, are you really trying to judge Terrence Newman's worth by the number of interceptions? Reading some of your comments, it certainly seems like you are. Have you really watched Newman play before this season? Newman isn't a huge playmaker, but more turnovers don't make a better cornerback.
No, no. Just forget about Newman. I was just using him to satire what was said about Taylor. I was just trying to show statistics (like sacks, like interceptions) don't always show how effectively a defensive player is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Newman is the best cornerback in the NFC East, and arguably the best in the NFC; but, the man gets injured way too often--he is the Tracy McGrady of the NFL on the defensive side of the ball.

Also, I would love to have Jason Taylor here and this is coming from the biggest Foreskin Hater around. He's been slowed down significantly by injuries and his off-season "training regiment", but like Caseman stated earlier... his mere presence is just as, or even more important than the numbers he will put up statistically.. similar to Erick Dampier for the Mavericks.
Between Newman and Samuel, they are the top corners of the division. But yes, that was what I was trying to say about Taylor.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote