View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #16
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
<snip>
Yes, it is sad that people are voting AGAINST any candidate due to his/her color. I truly dont see where blacks are supporting Obama because he is black. What I see is blacks voting Democrat for the most part because most blacks are Democrats. That is a fact, and since blacks have had the voting rights, have voted for whites this entire time. Am I not right on that? Oh course, I am not wrong. But, we can now clearly see that many Democrats are going to either NOT vote or vote Republican for the first time for only one real logical reason. That fact is that Obama is black.

I bring it up, because I truly feel that this vote will come down to the skin color of Obama. I hate to say it, but I see it, read it and hear it all the time on his skin color being a factor. I think that Union President said it best on this subject. It is a shame, and shame on them that will not vote for Obama because he is black.

For those who claim to not be able to tell if certain posters are black or white. Lets put this on the table for all. I am a proud African American Republican who will vote for Obama this year, due to the fact that he is the better candidate for our country, my party has failed the American people, and it is time for a change and present day McCain is the same as a present day Bush. I will not vote for that, not now or ever! I fully support Obama in every way for this country. I feel he will do a fine job as President, I feel he will reach across party lines and put the right people in the right positions in the cabinet and I fully feel that Biden is an excellent VP. I feel like McCain slapped all Republicans in the face when he choose Palin.

I would never vote for Palin in a cabinet position let alone as VP. That is my stance on this issue. Lastly, I do believe that Obama will lose this election and it will come down to the Ole South, and the Ole South will rise again and elect McCain.
I think this post ^^^ is the exact opposite of my belief in just about every way possible.

I would never vote -- and I don't think most people would - against Obama because he is black. I would vote against him because he is extremely liberal, and comes across as not having any ability to do anything but "look good". All flash no substance. At least in my opinion. He also has NO qualification to be Commander in Chief of the US Military.

I do feel that many Blacks will vote for Obama because 1) he isn't Bush 2) he has flash/charisma 3) he is black 4) he is a democrat. I do also feel that most Blacks are democrats because historically in this country -- business/job structure has discriminated against them --- where government has discriminated for them. It is the same "what is best for me" -- selfish mentality of most of America. Business owners tend to vote Republican as a whole, because that is who caters to them the most.

I would easily vote for Palin -- at least she seems to have honestly. Of course she is going to get trounced by the media -- when you fight a battle against your own party, then the other party, and the media as well -- it makes it very hard to win. Playing a different game than everyone else makes it a hard battle as well.

McCain is no where near the Bush administration -- even if he has been portrayed that way. McCain is much closer to the middle than most politicians. Given other choices, I would have a hard time voting for McCain -- not because of his skin color, but because of his "straddling of the fence" all the time.

And I feel like Obama wins this election -- fairly easily. He is set up to fail after the election, but I think he will win. This country is falling, due to decisions made long ago -- the next President isn't going to stop that part of it -- all he can hope to do is lessen the pain. Then he can either speed it up, or slow it down, but pain is coming.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote