View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 04:15 PM   #379
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
So interceptions determine how good a cornerback is? Cromartie lead the league in td's last season and he's not a shut down corner. Far from it. The only reason he gets as many INT's that he does is because of his press coverage and him biting on any pass that comes his way. He still gets beat more than the average corner. So if you want to determine what a shut down corner is by INTs than you fail IMO. Champ Bailey has 1 INT this year and had 3 all of last year. Not to mention I never exactly said Newman was a shut down corner. I said "possibly a shut down corner". You're letting your homerism blind your judgement. If through 3 games you think 7 tackles and a sack is Jason Taylor standards than be my guess. But that's not the Jason Taylor of old. That's just a old ass Jason Taylor. And like I stated above, the Redskins were the only team to go man to man with TO this season and we've seen some of the best secondary's in the league from the Eagles to the Packers and neither went man to man with TO. The Redskins did and were successful. And yea Taylor is too old for the game. Why do you think the Dolphins gave him up? Just because he was too good lol? Just like Zach Thomas they gave him up because he's too old to play for a team that's in rebuilding mode. I'm actually shocked the Redskins gave up a 2nd rounder for him. Actually i'm not sense they're notoriously known for trading draft picks for old players.
Actually you said "possibly our only shut down corner," but whatever. That's not my point, so don't get into a tizzy. I was just showing that statistics don't dictate how well a player has performed so far (as in interceptions with Newman or sacks with Taylor).

On the topic of Taylor, I still don't understand your point. Miami is in a rebuild mode, and with the conflict between Taylor and Parcells, why would they keep him? Does that make him useless? You say the Redskins overpaid for him so no reason? Did you forget the freak injuries to both defensive ends, Phillip Daniels and Alex Buzbee? You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. You claim Taylor never gets any pressure on the QBs, yet in his first three games on a new defense, he's already gotten a sack. However, I'm not even worried about his stats because he is going to draw double-teams or formations to accommodate his presence, opening lanes for the other tackles.

So try to make an arguement without saying "jason taylor is too old lol" or just drop it.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote