View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 04:51 PM   #381
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
Actually you said "possibly our only shut down corner," but whatever. That's not my point, so don't get into a tizzy. I was just showing that statistics don't dictate how well a player has performed so far (as in interceptions with Newman or sacks with Taylor).

On the topic of Taylor, I still don't understand your point. Miami is in a rebuild mode, and with the conflict between Taylor and Parcells, why would they keep him? Does that make him useless? You say the Redskins overpaid for him so no reason? Did you forget the freak injuries to both defensive ends, Phillip Daniels and Alex Buzbee? You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. You claim Taylor never gets any pressure on the QBs, yet in his first three games on a new defense, he's already gotten a sack. However, I'm not even worried about his stats because he is going to draw double-teams or formations to accommodate his presence, opening lanes for the other tackles.

So try to make an arguement without saying "jason taylor is too old lol" or just drop it.
You're letting my post go over your head. I never said the Redskins overpaid for Taylor or that he was worthless. I said he's old. His best days are behind him. My point is the Redskins don't need Taylor to win. I don't know what else to back that up with other than beating the Cowboys at home and the Eagles. without him. Yet, with Jason Taylor they lose to the Giants. They're only loss. There's no argument to be made. Its facts. You're basing your opinion on history. On what you expect for Taylor to do. On what he's done in the past. If Taylor becomes the beast he was 2 years ago or even a year ago i'll eat crow.

Quote:
Hmm... why don't you read my posts... hmmm...
Did you not say this:

"Also, stating that Newman is a shutdown corner just further diminishes your point. Not even the Dallas pundits believe that." -Caseman

I don't know if you've had a bad day or its a Cowboy-Redskin rivalry type thing but you're coming off as a a-hole for no apparent reason. Why don't I read your posts? Why are you coming at me like that?

You can call it whatever you want. You said it and you can try to ridicule me if you want but i'm not the only person in this thread that took this as a negative. And then you try to bring up fans in Dallas to back your opinion up lol. But its all satire so its all good.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 10-07-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote