View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 08:41 AM   #36
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
I did not read more into your posts. I read what you wrote and what I got from it.
So it doesn't matter what I said, but what you thought I said. Ah, I understand now

Quote:
Simple as that. That is why I responded, because your post CAN be taken as racist undertone, but I guess you dont care because you still have refused to acknowledge the fact that it could be taken that way. I told you straight up that I felt it was borderline racist.
Oh ok, so it is up to you to determine the undertone of what is written. Anyone anywhere can take just about anything said -- and say it has racist, or discriminate undertones. So I guess you are correct -- to you what I wrote had racist undertones. For that I apologize to you -- I didn't mean to come across with racist undertones to anyone.

Quote:
Next, lets talk about training, if you are in business and you have employees than you WILL spend money on training your employees. PERIOD!!! That has nothing to do with Blacks!!!! Do you not get that????
Sure I get that there is training. From a business perspective, how much I am willing to spend to get XXXXX amount of output is the question. What does it cost me, in order to get this output from the company. If the output from my wallet, is larger than the output of the employee -- then my company goes under. Do you understand that?

Quote:
So, what you are saying is damn the past, and lets just live in the future. Let me clear this up a bit for you. If you are just as fast or faster than me and we are in a 100yd dash race, and I get to get a 50 yard head start, would you think it was fair? Or would you like to find a way for you to get some of those yards back so that you have somewhat of a chance to win the race. Now, replace the word race with life, and that is what I am talking about. How can you call foul when you "Clearly" got a head start be cheating to get ahead???? Do you get it now?
So you are saying that all generations are one 100yd dash race. That each generation is not a new race, but the same old one. Is that what you are saying?

In my parents generation, they grew up as subsistence farmers which didn't even get electricity till my father had graduated high school. He entered the service and special forces during the Korean war. When he got out, he decided that college was the way to go, and got his Masters. He was the first in all of our family to see college. I am second generation. We still live on that old farm, and I followed in his footsteps with the military and then degree. I have probably hauled more hay, fed more animals, shoveled more manure, and hoed more crops than most on this board combined.

You want yards back. When I grew up, white, black, Hispanic, and Cambodian all were in the same classes. Each and every one of us could take the same information, and make the same choices. I was blessed, with a good brain, and descent athleticism -- so I didn't have it that tough. I was expected to work hard, play hard, and accomplish. Things weren't given to me -- I had to work for them. So no, I don't consider what happened over a half decade to multiple decades ago to be something that I need to pay for. Maybe you feel entitled, but not me.

Let's go back a little farther, were the Native American Indians discriminated against? Were they lynched and slaughtered? Should we owe them the land back? If so, my great, great grandmother was full blood Cherokee and was a survivor of the Trail of Tears. Does that mean that you owe me something? (No it doesn't)

A little farther back. Na Nevermind..........why keep showing examples when you can't stop living in the past. Yes, I'll admit there were past injustices. I did not slaughter any indians, I have not owned a slave, I have not lynched anyone, so why do you want me to pay for "crimes/things" that I did not do?

The only thing I can do is stop seeing skin color, or gender, etc and see a person. Just another one of God's creation. Now his actions determine my reaction to him. If he wants to act like a suicide bomber or a murderer --- then I might have to stop him. If he acts like a well meaning hard worker -- then I might have to work with him. If he is like my brother-in-law who is in his 20's and thinks he is entitled to start at the top making great pay, but hasn't put in the time or work in, and always takes the easy way out --then like him, I would expect him to end up in jail. Our actions and choices in life determine the outcome -- not our past.

I will end on a quote though -- He who does not learn from the past, is destined to repeat it.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote