View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 11:34 PM   #44
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I am interested in learning.

I have studied lots of history. I just have never thought that what happened to them should be my big worry today.

My point is that many people historically have been discriminated against --and I didn't do it. So the best thing to do now is make it as equal as possible - not to live in the past or future - but to effect what/who I can today.
Living in the past, is when I give up on life and decide that I cant win in life because of the head start by others. Please once again, you dont understand racism, because you want ME and other black to forget about the past. You have to be out of your mind, if you think blacks are going to forget those first 300 years, which ended not long ago for blacks. Since, you claim that if I am old enough to call you son, then I must be old as dirt. If that is a fact, then it is pretty clear you are in your late fifties, which means you SHOULD be able to remember discrimination first hand right? And you are right, what happened back then you should NOT be worried about it. I agree on that 100%. But on the other hand, me and most other blacks will still worry about it because it is our history, which was NEVER taught in school. Since, it is not taught in school, then as we get a bit older, we ask questions, and we start to learn our past. Once we do, then we become interested in why things were like that and why nothing ever was done. It sticks in your mind, and you know you cant bring back those who were lynched, but you feel maybe you can make things a little better by bringing those still alive to justice.

Have you ever thought about that? Of course, you have not, you live in this little box of happiness. Well, guess what I dont live in the past, and will not blame anyone for what I do or not do, but I do feel obligated to try to make things right, so maybe it never happens again to ANYBODY.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote