View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 01:27 PM   #32
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Good, solid article by Krauthammer.

The possibility that Obama does not see the potential problems with certain "relationships" until they become a political liability is disturbing. To me it shows that he'll talk with anyone, allow himself to be mentored by anyone, and even spend 20+ years listening to anyone, until it affects his pursuit of power. Then, for god's sake, cut that person off and disavow them. Why doesn't the instinct to break off the relationship click in a bit earlier?? At the very least, doesn't it suggest this naive and inexperienced man has a problem seeing obstacles unless they hit him in the face? Or maybe he's got a blindspot.......

I found this quote on a web site called scrappleface (www.scrappleface.com/?p=3144). The site itself looks pretty iffy, but does anyone know if this is an accurate quote?

“Frankly, when you live the kind of lifestyle that I have, it’s hard to make friends,” said Sen. Obama. “You take what you can get, and you don’t ask a lot of questions. These guys are the best I could do.”

Last edited by purplefrog; 10-10-2008 at 01:28 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote