View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #76
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
I want you to think long and hard about this statement:

The Bible views suicide as equal to murder – that’s what it is – self-murder. God is the One who is to decide when and how a person should die. To take that power into your own hands, according to the Bible, is blasphemy to God. This holds true when you take anothers life, and if you dont repent, you have commited blasphemy to God. BUT, you still have time to be forgiven. When you commit suicide, you commit blasphemy, and even in your statement that blasphemy is "Unforgivable", now tell me how a dead person is going to repent to get back in God's grace? They can't!!! Now, that is my belief. Ref: John 3:3
Your definitions and mine are obviously different on blasphemy.

And just because you were taught it in a church, doesn't make it true.

If everything taught in church were true, we wouldn't have various numbers of differing religions.

I do understand what you are saying though -- but it still didn't make it right or wrong -- just believed by you. This is why I say everyone needs to read and study and pray for themselves because shephards will lead their flocks astray. IMO, Jesus is the only intermediary that we need.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote