View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 08:19 AM   #87
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
So, why stay Baptist, since you grew up Baptist and now is still Baptist, but claim they only have it part right?

But, you still did not answer Chum or my rebuttal. All I can hear now is that you think that most religions are right, claim to be Baptist and claim to not have a definitive religion. I guess you just go to church for fun? Cause, it sounds like you would question everything your pastor says. Seems kinda odd to me. IMO.
You tell me the answers here. Yes, I question the pastor, and every other man. So yes, I guess I am kind of odd. I take the small path, not the wide one.

Yes, I answered your post several times, but decided to delete my answer because I don't mean to make this personal. I think I'll leave it that way instead of writing a book that shows everything you have said is not backed up in scripture, and that you are just taking certain things you can't find and taking leaps to say it is true. The answers you have given on Blasphemy and suicide as fact are not backed up by any verse you have listed. You make claims then contradict yourself. I think it is much better if I try and stay a little more civilized and stick to the things I can prove, or can at least say this is my opinion and why it is my opinion. You say you have proven me wrong, yet you haven't proven anything. You say you have proven it by backing it up with verses, but yet the verses have nothing to do with what we were talking about. You say --- NO you are incorrect -- we have the same definition of blasphemy -- then follow that with a statement that you and I disagree on what blasphemy is. It can't be the same and different. You contradict yourself -- then claim victory................ THIS IS EXACTLY why I claim that Religion and Politics are intertwined. They do exactly this same thing in Politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumdawg
That's kinda hard to pin down, SpottedDog. You speak a lot about "Truth"--and I certainly respect your obviously firmly held beliefs. But you seem to suggest that this Truth can only be found on your own, not through one religion or the other.

And that leads me to wonder...if Truth is so readily available, why hasn't one religion found it, after all this time?
Who is to say that individuals haven't found it throughout the years, but one religion hasn't?

I don't think any one religion has it because each religion says : You need to ???????
Jesus said : It is done.

Individuals can open up a true walk with Jesus, and die to self and let him control. They do not need to be "unreal" or put on any act when alone or only with him.
Groups tend to try and not look silly to others, garnish power, or otherwise try to be self serving. Groups tend to try and lead the way -- individuals usually will follow (if they can find the correct Shepard).

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 10-11-2008 at 08:20 AM.
dalmations202 is online now   Reply With Quote