View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 10:08 AM   #28
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Chum, give me some concrete examples of how redistribution of wealth "preserves" whatever it is that I need preserved. Something that justifies making income taxes more progressive than they already are. And I'm not "wealthy" - my wife and I make almost $140k together - but I'm smart enough to know that after they come for the $250's, they're coming for us next. That's how the government operates. I just want to work for myself and not for people who have made decisions in their lives that cause them to have less money. I don't want to have to be constantly looking over my shoulder knowing that I'm already giving $5k a year to Social Security that I'll never see, and more will come if we keep spending so much money at the federal level and increasing entitlements.

A government is the most inefficient manager of assets you can have, so why we need to use them as a conduit for exchange of assets is beyond me. It's all about feelings and emotions and some false sense of "fairness" that people are obsessed with.

We already have a progressive income tax, which is bad enough. Obama wants to make it more progressive. That's bad. Period. bad, bad, bad. You are supposed to own the fruits of your labor in this country.

Last edited by Rhylan; 10-14-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote