Thread: trade dirk?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2002, 09:07 AM   #36
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I don't trade Dirk for anyone either.

Shaq is obviously better, but like Hoopsmeister said, Dirk has 10-15 years left, and Shaq could decide to hang it up at any point.

Duncan is the only forward in the league that I can look at and say that he's better than Dirk, but like David noted, he's a finished product. Duncan's not going to get appreciably better. Dirk probably will. And even if he doesn't, I don't really like Duncan and I love Dirk, so pitch that idea out the window. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

As for McGrady, Kobe, and Iverson, I suppose you could argue that any one of those guys was more talented than Dirk. But I don't think you could argue that by inserting them on to the Mavs roster and taking Dirk off that the Mavs would become a better team. In fact, I think it's obvious they would be worse. Plus, give me the freakish 7-footer over the freakish guard any day. Oh, and did I mention that I can't stand any of the three named above?

You can have who you want. Give me Dirk.