View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 10:35 AM   #174
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I can't blame him. The media is pretty damn harsh for a team that's 4-2 and just came off of a 13-3 season. And I understand the media isn't employed by the Cowboys but some of the criticisms are a bit ridiculous. Atleast let the team fail before you call them failures.
The expectations are through the roof this season - when people look at our roster, they think we can just steamroll our way to the Super Bowl like the Patriots did last year... The media acts like improving on last season's 13-3 record is all it takes for the Cowboys to get to the Big Game and criticize us harshly for every loss (as if the "lowly" Giants didn't win it all last season with a 10-6 record, defeating the team that gave them two of those losses on the way...)

I think our coaching staff has a bigger picture in mind - if we ramp up for the playoffs properly, the wins required to get us into the playoffs will follow... If that's the plan, you'll take your ugly losses in September & October and save your pretty wins for December & January...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-15-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote