View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 02:07 PM   #107
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it's a question about what works best for the nation as far as the progressive income tax Before under the previous percentages the ecomomy was healthy. After tax cuts for the super rich, the economy is limping badly. Let's go back to what worked before
I don't think income tax rates have that much to do with our current economic climate. In fact (someone much more knowledgeable than I will come and correct me if I'm wrong, I welcome it but...) historically, aren't lower tax rates associated with economic growth? You're alleging that less capital being available in the market (higher taxes) is better for the economy?

We're screwed right now because of idiotic government policies encouraging lending to risky buyers, greedy idiotic banks who thought it was a good idea to lend money to risky buyers, and idiotic risky buyers....who were idiotic.