Thread: The WNBA
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2002, 03:05 PM   #15
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

<< I like to watch womens tennis because when I imagine a mixed bracket, I honestly dont know if a man or women will win the tournament. >>

No woman would win a single game in such a tourney. Even NR. 500 on the mens ranking would beat Serena Williams 6-0, 6-0. It might look different on TV, but the mens game is much faster and most important the men are able to play fast and still put alot of spin on the ball. They also have much better control while playing fast and their footwork is lightyears ahaed of the womens. Because womens tennis has quite some starpower people tend to overestimate what they can do.

With that said, I still enjoy watching womens tennis sometimes and I think it´s one of the better female pro sports.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote