View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 12:22 PM   #418
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Obama has made it through because people have not looked very deeply. The press has helped by not investigating. Most people don't know what was meant by McCains reference to "health" of the mother. Most people don't know about Obama's extreme positions on abortion. Most people have not looked deeper than headlines concerning Ayers or Acorn. Most people probably don't want to be bothered to look into details of tax policy, but would rather rely on the headlines "no tax increase" or "tax cuts for 95%".

When chumdawg says, ""we've" looked into it" he's referring to a small subset of the population.
like I said to murph, the idea that obama has not been examined is total bs. you can claim that the voters are choosing a candidate they have no knowledge about, but that is self deception in order to convince yourself that the american public actually wants what the conservatives propose.

sorry, but the american public is saying "no thanks" to the conservative proposals.

the abortion issue will not swing the election. the majority of americans do not want to prevent women from having the right to an abortion.

as for ayers and acorn, a person would need to be under a rock to not have heard the news and the references of these two and obama. it is in every newspaper and has been on every national news network (ad naseum I might add....)

as for tax policy, yes, I'd agree that the average voter is not going to delve into the intracies of each candidate's positions. they will rely on the annotated and catch phrases. yet at the same time what they want is obama's tax proposal and not what mccain is saying, regardless of if it is simplistic or not.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote