View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 12:38 AM   #449
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
no, it illustrates how much you want to avoid directly addressing the crux of the argument put forth. the primary platform positions of the mccain campaign incorporates core conservative ideals, and you want to dismiss those planks as non-evidence of mccain running as a conservative.
I'm trying to avoid the useless garden path you are desperate to drag us down. I'll concede that McCain is running as a conservative. Again I concede that he is more conservative than Obama. And if you want to label his list of positions as "conservative" then go ahead. That's all a separate argument. It doesn't have a whole lot to do with whether he is, in this election, a good representative of those positions.

Quote:
almost 1/4 of the us population watched the debates between obama and mccain, it's pretty ridiculous to try and argue that they couldn't understand what the candidates said.

that is not to mention the hundreds of millions of dollars each candidate has spent on ads, so your argument that the voters are just not well informed doesn't pass the test.
Political ads are not a good way to get informed. Neither are the debates. Both, at best, are topic lists, and at worst are flat out lies. For example, it wasn't till the last debate that McCain even brought up Obama's skethcy associations and his extremist position on abortion. Obama lied through some explanation. If they don't go look something up, they will go away with a half-truth at best because it's not going to be laid out for them in the nightly news or by Jay Leno or John Stewart.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote