View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 11:57 AM   #450
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
I'm trying to avoid the useless garden path you are desperate to drag us down. I'll concede that McCain is running as a conservative. Again I concede that he is more conservative than Obama. And if you want to label his list of positions as "conservative" then go ahead. That's all a separate argument. It doesn't have a whole lot to do with whether he is, in this election, a good representative of those positions.
let's take it one step futher...and I'm glad we aren't arguing anymore if mccain is a conservative or not...if the republican party nominee were someone more rigidly on the right, they woud not be as close as mccain finds himself today. mccain is as close as he is because he can appeal to those in the middle who overlook his conservatism with admiration for his "mavericky" (thanks for that snl) positions.

if romney or huckabee were the republican candidate the obama lead could be double what it is now imo.

so yes, this election is a denial of the conservative platform.

Quote:
Political ads are not a good way to get informed. Neither are the debates. Both, at best, are topic lists, and at worst are flat out lies. For example, it wasn't till the last debate that McCain even brought up Obama's skethcy associations and his extremist position on abortion. Obama lied through some explanation. If they don't go look something up, they will go away with a half-truth at best because it's not going to be laid out for them in the nightly news or by Jay Leno or John Stewart.
the ads and the debates do draw clear distinctions between the candidates, and if you truly believe that it was only this past week that the obama/ayers connection has been brought up you are deceiving yourself. it was first mentioned in the democratic debates by clinton months ago, in newspapers since then and has been mentioned repeatedly in republican's speeches and ads, it is not a recent item at all.

as for the continued matra of obama's "extreme position on abortion", again he supports the women's right, and it's really as simple as that. there is a distinct and clea difference in the two party's candidates positions on this issue, and as much as you don't like the answer, the voters are supporting the candidates that say yes to the right to choose.

as for "lied through some explanation", please expand on that and show what facts you have...

Last edited by Mavdog; 10-19-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote