View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 12:27 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...rses-obama/?hp

wow, if powell was running instead of mccain this election process would have been a LOT more interesting. What a smart, smart man. And 100x as likable as McCain.

honestly his 5-6 minute answer was just as powerful as anything obama has said, and without the insane charisma that Obama has naturally. Powell just oozes confidence and intelligence, and we could have done no wrong if both these men were running for president.
I watched him on Meet the Press today, and I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment. He gives a hell of an interview. As you say, he oozes intelligence. And competence. McCain talks about a "steady hand at the tiller"? That's the steady hand he's talking about.

I wish I could vote for Powell for president. But you know, I think I'm getting something along those lines when I vote for Obama. Steady, measured, and with "intellectual vigor," as Powell said. I laugh at the loonybats who think Obama is going to turn us into the USSR. Powell has it right. It's time for us to recognize that it's a different world these days than it was in 1980, and Obama represents the new generation of American and global politics.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote