View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 05:05 PM   #479
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
The construction of his denials is suspicious. And the fact that the facts don't line up with what he's saying makes them lies. When he says he didn't vote for it cause it didn't look like the national law - it's a lie because he also was not for the proposed illinois law that looked just like the national one.
don't have them to compare, but it seems there were differences.

Quote:
nurses told him about allowing babies to die. In public hearings. He knew that they weren't being covered by the old law. To say that he was against the new law because the old law protected those babies was a lie.
interesting that these witness's veracity is assumed and not challenged, while you choose to challenge those who are on the other side.

Quote:
well, the only reasons that have stood the tests of logic are that 1) they don't want more lawsuits for doctors, and 2) they were afraid that the new law would be a political pushback against Roe v. Wade. If you think those are legitimate reasons for infanticide, then I guess you can call their reasons legitimate.
or 3) they already do what they can and do not want non-medical professionals interjecting themselves into the arena.

Quote:
You don't see any conflict in allowing someone who tried and failed to kill someone to make the legal decision about whether that person should live? I suspect that you are raising your faith in doctors just so you can cling to your abortion argument here.
why would you have more faith in doctors than attorneys in this situation?
I view the medical profession as predominately honorable. apparently you and i disagree about that.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote