View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #24
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
and there are orthodox jews who are americans, and probably patriotic americans as well.

of course, as jews are not monolithic, some orthodox jews are zionists, some are not.
Yeah, it's mostly American Jews who support the state of Israel - ask a Russian Jew what they think about it and you'll get a totally different answer...

I do find it odd, however, that both Obama and McCain have [literally] pledged allegiance to Israel (as did the Bushes and Clintons) - I just wonder how many masters one can serve? At the end of the day, are our leaders looking out for America/Americans first, or are they willing sacrifice OUR security for that of Israel? [because the people who orchestrated 9/11 didn't have any beef with America until Israel was founded...]

And don't get me wrong - we have the same deal with Great Britain too, but Israel is caught up in a long-term war that we've tied ourselves to both diplomatically and financially... What do Americans get out of the deal?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-22-2008 at 10:32 AM. Reason: added "[literally]" because they literally swore on the Torah when they pledged allegiance
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote