View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 11:07 AM   #193
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
you mean all those thousands of russian jews who emmigrated to israel to excape the anti-semitism in russia?
No, I mean the millions of Jews who stayed in Russia and rode it out (like Jews always have - don't underestimate the power of tradition in this culture...)

Quote:
there is a sizeable jewish voting element in america, they do need to show that they will act as that group wishes them to.
I know - I'm one of them... I have family in Israel, but I don't think their politics benefit anyone but the Zionist extremists who run that country... The government/clergy benefits at the expense of the common Jew (not a new theme in our history...)

To give a (very) loose Christian-equivalent to the internal Jewish strife over Zionism: how would the common American Baptist respond to a Mormon becoming president of the United States then declaring that all American Christians must now practice as Mormons?

Quote:
I disagreee with the conclusion about the radical islamist not having an issue with america until israel was founded. the philosophy behind their beliefs existed prior to 1947, and as the us is the world leader we always would bear their focus.
Not true - both Osama bin Laden (and to a lesser degree, Saddam Hussein) were on the US payroll up through the 1980s... Hell, radical Islamic groups even helped the Allies drive back the Nazis in the region during WWII... Our leaders and theirs had mutual use for each other until political posturing in Israel started driving an ever-increasing wedge between the two...

Quote:
we could benefit once the issue is resolved (may that happen very soon). there is actually a chance that may have some legs, the saudi proposal seems to have some life to it.
We've heard this before, but who knows? Maybe this time it will actually happen (we can only hope/pray...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote