View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 03:36 PM   #95
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I don't think you really addressed my point. You made a comment that "every team in the big 12 would need to lose 2 games, or possibly three" for USC to make it into the title game. That's not true at all. If Texas goes undefeated, OU loses one more, and Tech/OSU both lose 1, USC will very likely end up ahead of all of them, and could very well end up as the BCS #2, depending on how things shake out with PSU/Bama. USC with 1 loss will end up ranked ahead of Ohio State with 1 loss, Bama with 1 loss, LSU with 1 loss, etc. You point to their terrible strength of schedule, but you're not considering the immensely favorable treatment they get from the human voters.

I don't like it, but that's just the way it is. USC's roster is so loaded with 5 star recruits that sometimes what they actually do on the field gets dwarfed by these crazy perceptions of how good they are on paper.
Do you want to re-think your opinion? Oklahoma State dropped only to #9 after their loss (in the AP). USC is only 2 spots ahead at the seventh spot. If Oklahoma State beats Tech and also OU, they will probably pass USC even if USC doesn't lose another game. (6 and 10 in the USA poll).

In the BCS, they're 5 (USC) and 6 (OSU) in the BCS.

Last edited by Murphy3; 10-26-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote