View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 10:49 PM   #98
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Do you want to re-think your opinion? Oklahoma State dropped only to #9 after their loss (in the AP). USC is only 2 spots ahead at the seventh spot. If Oklahoma State beats Tech and also OU, they will probably pass USC even if USC doesn't lose another game. (6 and 10 in the USA poll).

In the BCS, they're 5 (USC) and 6 (OSU) in the BCS.
USC barely beat a crappy Arizona team. I'm pretty sure I made my statement with the caveat that they had to win the rest of their games "comfortably," and not just win. They didn't do that, and so OSU gained on them after having what was as close to a win as you can get without actually winning. Hell, USC actually fell a slot in the AP poll this week because they looked so bad.

Your argument is premised on their respective schedules, which I understand, but it's just too logical for the illogical voters. If USC "looks the part" in the rest of their games, OSU won't jump them in any human poll unless they just absolutely blow some great team like OU out of the water. Now, as I mentioned, it is possible that OSU ends up right behind USC in the polls, and then the computer advantage is enough to put them ahead in the BCS, but that's the only way.

Don't ever underestimate the USC hype. It's been there since Carroll's 2nd year, and it won't go away until he leaves. It's completely unfair, because OSU as they played yesterday would beat USC by a good 20+ points. But it is reality.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 10-26-2008 at 10:50 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote