View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 12:33 AM   #92
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

There's a series on NFL Network called America's game. Great show, NFL films at it's finest. They profiled all the Superbowl champions documentary style and interviewed three people who were involved with each team to get behind the scenes insights.

Well they ran out of Superbowl Champions and now they're featuring the greatest teams that never won a Super Bowl. In a lot of ways those teams are more interesting but I digress. A couple of weeks ago I was watching an episode about one of my favorite non-Cowboy teams, the 15-1 98' Vikings. That was the year Moss slipped to 21 in the draft and he made that entire season his revenge tour. Early in the show Chris Carter said something that made me, as a Cowboys fan, hang my head. He said that, as a receiver, when your quarterback gets hurt you stay on top of the situation. You want to know how he's doing and when he'll be back. But two games after Brad Johnson suffered a season ending injury Carter couldn't remember what was wrong with him. The reason he gave: Johnson couldn't get the ball down field to Randy Moss. So in 1998 Brad Johnson couldn't get the ball to Randy Moss in his prime but we're expecting him to get it to Owens and Williams. I think we need to seriously consider starting Brooks Bollinger next week.

Last edited by dirno2000; 10-27-2008 at 12:35 AM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote