View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 09:54 AM   #101
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn this City View Post
USC is 4 spots ahead in the USA Today poll and the BCS rankings. I wouldn't consider that being "barely" ahead. They're likely going to finish the season blowing out Notre Dame on national tv and then blowing out UCLA, again on national tv, on the final day of the season. And if that does indeed happen, I have a hard time believing all that media attention along with the love affair everyone seems to have with Pete Carroll, would allow another 1 loss team to jump them in the human polls.

Then ESPN will probably dedicate another month to debating whether this USC team is the greatest college football team of all time - once again proving USC is the new Notre Dame.
It's my fault on this one. Yahoo had updated every poll exept the BCS poll. So, when I wrote my post, I was using the current week on two polls but the BCS poll from last week.

BUT, with that being said, I still maintain what I've said all along. OSU would have to beat Tech and Oklahoma to make it to the Big12 Championship and then have to beat Missouri (in all likeliness). I completely believe that this would vault them over USC.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote