View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 09:56 AM   #102
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
Thanks Murph, that was a great explanation.

Given that the two events were both unlikely, I didn't think that the chances of a blocked FG were so great that it was worth sacrificing an almost certain 3 points, and putting the team ahead by a full score. This, of course, was MB's explanation in his post-game interview.

A concern over kick-off coverage makes more sense to me than being worried about blocked FG's being returned for touchdowns (which I figured was almost as unlikely as McCoy throwing an interception and it being run back for a touchdown).
But, with how bad UT's kickoff coverage had been, I think that they had a better shot of losing the game by scoring and then kicking off than by going for it on 4th and a yard. However, I really don't think that either decision would have been a bad one.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote