View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 05:56 PM   #699
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Two weeks ago when I suggested there was a real danger of this scenario (no checks and balances for the Dems) you brushed it aside as it being something unlikely to happen.
yep, the dynamic has changed imo. my viewpoint has changed.

I'm looking at the early voting numbers and if my view is accurate, that the huge numbers mean a strong vote FOR obama, then it will be a landslide. there could be a bunch of straight party ballots turned in.

Quote:
And make no mistake about it. If this scenario happens the Dems will have few if any checks to their power. Obama, Pelosi, and Reid will declare a mandate from the American people (and they will be correct... God help us). The Dems will use this scenario to implement extreme policies. If they don't... then I will .... oh well, umm.. I don't know...... become a Warriors fan???
a warriors fan? isn't that going to the extreme? please get a grip on yourself, no need for that drastic an action!

the idea that the democrat leadership is in unison, that pelosi, reid and obama, are all on the very same page and agree on everything isn't realistic.

will we see some major policy changes? absolutely, and that is of course what the voters are asking for in electing obama.

will these policy changes be "extreme"? I'm not expecting that, but we'll see.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote