View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 06:19 PM   #702
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Two weeks ago when I suggested there was a real danger of this scenario (no checks and balances for the Dems) you brushed it aside as it being something unlikely to happen.

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...t=33990&page=4

And make no mistake about it. If this scenario happens the Dems will have few if any checks to their power. Obama, Pelosi, and Reid will declare a mandate from the American people (and they will be correct... God help us). The Dems will use this scenario to implement extreme policies. If they don't... then I will .... oh well, umm.. I don't know...... become a Warriors fan???
It was no checks and balances when W took over either. The dems were kicked out. We saw what kind of shape our country got in. It is usually better when it is checks and balances between both parties but here lately, the public gets fed up with one party and kicks them out. The dems was kicked out after Clinton, then after 6 years of W and reps, the public kicked out most reps 2 years ago and now it is looking like alot more will be kicked out. Like Mary said, anything can happen but it doesn't look good for the reps now. Mary, you are right, if the reps want to have any kind of shot, they need to flip PA.

The only bad thing about this, it is so many dems in the ground game making rounds daily thru about 7 swing states while McCain/Palin have to sit in PA, FL and OH. Then this adm is not helping McCain and not alot of his party is marching the streets for him, helping him. The bad thing i see in PA for McCain, so many in PA like Biden, both Clintons, Rendell, and it is the dems ground game that is so powerful this time. Plus the youth and workers out working for Obama. So yes he does need to flip PA but as he does, then the dems make up ground in the other swing states. McCain needed more help and ground game.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote