View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 09:43 AM   #2
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
yep, the dynamic has changed imo. my viewpoint has changed.

I'm looking at the early voting numbers and if my view is accurate, that the huge numbers mean a strong vote FOR obama, then it will be a landslide. there could be a bunch of straight party ballots turned in.

a warriors fan? isn't that going to the extreme? please get a grip on yourself, no need for that drastic an action!

the idea that the democrat leadership is in unison, that pelosi, reid and obama, are all on the very same page and agree on everything isn't realistic.

will we see some major policy changes? absolutely, and that is of course what the voters are asking for in electing obama.

will these policy changes be "extreme"? I'm not expecting that, but we'll see.
You're right about being a Warriors fan. What came over me?

The thing is if Obama does win 350+ electoral votes (my prediction) and Congress goes the way we think it might then the Dems have every right to declare the mandate and bring about some sort of "change" the vast majority of Americans really want (I believe people want change in a general sense but don't really know specifically what they want). My concern is we don't really know what "change" will mean after the votes are counted. Once the Dems realize they've got a blank check they will become drunk with power (not because they are Democrats, because they are human beings). Combine that with Obama being a narcissist and we are likely to have a transforming of America that fits the ideology of the extreme left of the Democratic party. Imo, that's not reassuring. We need moderation, not extremism.