View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 01:44 PM   #28
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
Keep on defending his opinions as "legitimate" if you want.

-- The United States Government created HIV as a means of genocide against people of color
Mavdog says: Legitimate
this qualifies as one of the statements that are "wrong" as I mentioned below.

Quote:
-- The United States bombed far more people in Hiroshima and Nagasaki than were killed in the 9/11 attacks, so it has no right complain about those attacks.
are you saying the facts on the nuclear bombs are not correct?

Quote:
-- The United States supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and the black South Africans, so we deserve the terrorist attacks of 9/11.
he's wrong on palestinians, the usa did support the apartheid regime, and he is wrong on the "deserve" remark.
but to you he doesn't have the "legitimate" right to mention this fact, right?

Quote:
-- The United States government gave black people drugs and then passed three strike laws, all for the purpose of oppressing black people.
he is wrong on giving blacks drugs, he expresses his opinion on the inequal treatment of blacks in our judicial system, which is a fact. but to you, he doesn't have a "legimate "right to mention this truth, right?

Quote:
-- We have more black men in prison than in college, because the United States government is racist.
black americans have been treated differently in our criminal system than non-black americans, and yes there is clear evidence of racism in these differed sentences. but of course to you these true facts should be glossed over and not spoken of, right?

Quote:
Honestly, I don't know where you came up with this nonsense. He can believe whatever he wants, and he can say whatever he wants. As bad as he thinks this country is, it is one of the liberties afforded him in the United States by our Constitution. I never said that he should be silenced.

What I did say, however, is that his own words demonize him. No one has to make him out to be a radical, virulent hateful person. His own words fairly characterize him as such.

And the question is, "Why would Barack Obama turn to a hate-monger like Jeremiah Wright for spiritual guidance and mentorship?"
honestly, I can't understand how you refuse to acknowledge that there are some facts in what wright spoke about.

there HAS been prejudice and oppression in our country, and some of that continues today such as wright expressed in the inequal treatment of black americans by our criminal justice system.

his words do not "demonize him", and there is a need for people to speak up about this continued prejudice.

are all "radical" people to be "demonized"? no, not in the least. they too serve a purpose.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote