View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 06:31 PM   #406
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn View Post
http://investor.shareholder.com/bhi/...bh_annual.html

smaller potatoes compared to Haliburton. Hit 10 Billion for the first time ever...

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BHI

10.7 Billion market cap.

Halliburton is a roughly 18 Billion market cap company.

Point is that there is a small number of these companies and it is hard to argue that Halliburton was not just as good as any other and perhaps better. Halliburton did respond immediately and effectively.

There ability to respond so quickly and so well makes it hard to argue that they were a bad choice...

Hmmmm....I wonder why you didn't mention the size of Schlumberger? Maybe because its WAAYYY bigger than Halliburton. They have over 60 billion in market capital, so no, they are NOT "small potatoes"

And neither is BH for that matter.. just because Baker Hughes is smaller, doesn't mean it couldn't have placed a competitive bid. Its possible, but you have no way of knowing that just by citing their market capital. At one of my jobs, we supply general contractors. I GUARANTEE YOU that we sometimes win bids against much larger competitors.

Here are a few more.

National Oilwell Varco

Weatherford International

To suggest that there just weren't any companies that could do the job is utterly ridiculous.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 11-02-2008 at 06:38 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote