View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #120
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been saying for weeks that USC has virtually no chance of getting into the national championship game. If you look at the standings right now, it's going to take massive chaos for them to even sniff it... They'll need two of the following:

They'll need Alabama to lose twice.
They'll need OSU to lose..
Tech to lose..
OU to lose..
Florida to lose
UT to lose.
Penn State to lose
There's a good chance they'll need Utah to lose.

Could most of that happen? Well, alot of it will happen. But, one team will probably make it out of the Big 12 south with just one loss to play Missouri in the Big12 championship game. I cannot see UT losing again, so they'll finish no lower than where they're at. USC won't leap frog them.

Tech will probably lose a game..but if they lose twice, that means that the winner of the OU and OSU game would only have one loss if they're able to take care of the rest of their business. If Tech loses just once, then they'd be ahead of USC. So, USC will probably be behind not 1 but 2 Big12 schools.

Penn State shouldn't lose until they get waxed in a bowl game. They do have to play Michigan State.. That's a possibility.

What would be ideal for UT would be for Alabama to lose to LSU (definitely possible) but for Alabama to beat Florida in the SEC championship game.. Personally, I think Florida will be in the National Championship based on the strength of the human polling. If Florida and UT win out and both win their conference, it'd be interesting to see which is picked to face Penn State if they don't leap past Penn State (which isn't likely).

What will the voters do if OU wins out? Will OU or UT be the higher ranked BCS team in the Big 12? I don't think a 1 loss Tech team ends up ahead of a 1 loss OU or UT team.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote