View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 10:19 PM   #88
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
Sorry, I really could've done a better job explaining myself. Again, its not your religion that's I'm interested in - its your train of thought in this thread.

Here's a post.

The idea behind this seems to be that Wright's thoughts = Obama's thoughts - at least that is what the Republican party wants us to believe and has strongly implied. You find it hard to believe that Wright had nothing to do with "forming Obama's thoughts"......apparently you believe people who attend church indiscriminantly allow their thoughts to be formed by others. You reinforce this idea by pointing out that "Where I grew up, we actually believed what was taught in Church." So in other words if you believed what was being taught in church, then it must be that others also believe what is being taught in thier church as well.

Obama MUST'VE believed in all of his church's ideology, because we all know that attending church requires that independent thinking be checked at the door. Heck, you can even find out what kind of people the congregation are just by studying the teachings of the church. I don't really believe this, and I never really have. Obviously there are those that buy into the sheep mentality. And those who find it absurd that a man could attend a church for twenty years and NOT have ideological differences with his pastors, are the same ones that would probably never have the slightest clue IF and WHEN their own church ever turned whacky.
Why in the heck would anyone attend a church for 20 years when they disagreed with the content?

If you have thoughts that the church is "whacky", you leave the church like you and
Chum did. You don't keep attending for 20 years.

Both of you made a point that you left your "whacky" churches.

So, why didn't Obama leave his "whacky" church over 20 years???

Simple fact is that he must have liked the church and must have had substantial common ground.

People just don't stay in "whacky" churches. As evidence, I present you and Chum.

Your posts on this subject are devoid of logic.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote