View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #413
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Oh, I know - I was using "you" as a general term (I could have just as easily said "we"...)

Racism in this election is only as important as people choose for it to be - the more everyone talks about it, the more important it becomes...
I hope you're not referring to me. I don't believe that race was the primary deciding factor for this election.. not at all. We're just discussing the race issue right now.. that doesn't mean that I believe that it was the main reason as to why Obama won. The biggest reason that I think Obama won was because of Bush. Personally, I believe a solid Democratic candidate would have blown McCain out of the water. People wanted change.. and millions were willing to accept the promise of change from Obama because he was not a Republican.

I do believe that Americans will get a rude awakening when they/we discover what that change is...but, hey, the Democrats took advantage of a near no lose situation. It would have taken a total screw-up and a horrible candidate to lose this election for the Democrats.. Instead, the Democrats had a mediocre at best candidate to go along with a soild campaign. That was enough.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote