View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 02:27 PM   #420
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Okay, full disclosure...

I write on these boards without a filter, or at least with a very limited filter. I allow my emotions to feed into and fuel what I have to say. Honestly, to a certain level of detriment to my own message. So be it. For that I apologize.

Like all of us here, I have good and bad days. Again, my apologies for letting emotion spill over into my communications.

Now today, we have had several truly great discussions and we have managed to stay on point, for that I congratulate everyone!!!

There are some here who relay what I'm thinking in a much more eloquant way. While others just simply ignore my perspectives.

I am not one to memorize details, once I have seen and processed the information I form my opinion. Thus I live on my beliefs and my interpretations of what is presented to me.

I choose to live a faith based life, I don't need to find scientific reason to justify what I believe, but rather I must work to improve myself and to choose better with each passing moment as to how I represent my faith. I'll admit, I do a pretty crappy job of representing...that doesn't give any reason to minimize my beliefs...I'm just a flawed individual.

Anyway, I have grown in major resentment over the past 8 years at the treatment of President Bush, his administration and at Republican voters in general.

My apologies if that anger has spilled over in the past 24 hours and the past few weeks.

My distaste for Democrats is a clear result of the way they have acted in general over the past 8 years and to some extent a few years prior...as I truly began to pay attention to the impact that government has on our day to day lives.

Perhaps if I could hear Democrats taking responsibilities for their own issues, then I would take my eyes back over to how Republicans could improve from within.

Honestly, I feel as though Republicans came into this with a "Conservative" agenda and took their best foot forward, then within days of starting, attempted to reach across and unit America from a political view. Working hard to find the middle ground, but I feel as though Democrats resisted and essentially dug in to get as far left as possible.

My impression is that Left Wing America has taken what ever the Conservatives were willing to bend on, but that they have not provided the same give/take reach across the aisle and now, I fear that they will take even more...all the while by pinning the blame back on Republicans.

It's as if the Democrats believe that they are better than everyone else with little respect or tolerance for another point of view.

Forgive me if I am upset, frustrated and angry for feeling as though the Democrats have cheated nearly half of America. Certainly the Democrats will lead this nation in support of their voters, I want to know what they plan to do to reach across and unite with the other half of America? Are they willing to reach across as the Repubicans have, or are they going to stick to their left-wing ideals and not give in to the benefit of all Americans?

Again, there is a history that clouds my judgement, and I have -0- trust that Democrats will do right by All American, but rather a select few.

Perhaps if a Democrat could come out an Praise President Bush for the recent success of Iraq, I would soften my stance. The election is over, perhaps now they could acknowledge the positives of President Bush...is there a Democrat willing to do this? Could Obama actually state publicly now that the surge worked and his original view was WRONG regarding the surge?

I admit my wrongs, as I have done, Republicans in general have a great track record of admitting wrongs and doing something to change bad decisions...but rarely have I ever seen a Democrat do the same. This is about Character and again, I simply do not trust the Democrats and their type of Character.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote