View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 05:10 PM   #2
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I realize that there are conservative Democrats. Heck my father claims to be one.

They are just hard to find anymore, when in the 50's they were somewhat prevalent.
Well, it's the same way with Liberal Republicans. There are no Nelson Rockefellers or, my favorite, Alf Landons, in the Republican party anymore. Part of it started in 1964 when a lot of the ultra-conservatives left the Democrats because of civil rights and in turn the liberals all left the Republicans, but even then, Nixon was a moderate, almost liberal, despite his evil. A lot of conservatives then left the Democrats in the 70's. 1980, I think, sealed the ideological separation between the parties.