Thread: Gay marriage...
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 05:33 PM   #3
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

"It does not affect your daily life very much if your neighbor marries a box turtle. But that does not mean it is right ... [N]ow you must raise your children up in a world where that union of man and box turtle is on the same legal footing as man and wife."
- Our "proud" U.S. Senator John Cornyn

It's generally a "moral" issue, yes. From what I understand, people consider marriage to be a holy institution (even though marriage is in cultures other than Judeo-Christian ones), and so to deviate from the Biblical norm is not appropriate. I say, fine, if that's what the people want (and that is, apparently, what the people want). I think that by far the best solution, then, is getting rid of all marriage licenses, and giving out solely civil union licenses that would be equal in both same-sex and opposite-sex relationships in the eyes of the law, which is the most important thing to me. If you wish to get married, then you can have that done in your own church in your respective religious tradition, but having it done there does not effect your legal status or standing in the eyes of the law.