Thread: Gay marriage...
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
It's generally a "moral" issue, yes. From what I understand, people consider marriage to be a holy institution (even though marriage is in cultures other than Judeo-Christian ones), and so to deviate from the Biblical norm is not appropriate. I say, fine, if that's what the people want (and that is, apparently, what the people want). I think that by far the best solution, then, is getting rid of all marriage licenses, and giving out solely civil union licenses that would be equal in both same-sex and opposite-sex relationships in the eyes of the law, which is the most important thing to me. If you wish to get married, then you can have that done in your own church in your respective religious tradition, but having it done there does not effect your legal status or standing in the eyes of the law.
Agree. The problem is that government got involved into mariages in the first place.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote