View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 03:24 AM   #135
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
We both know that INT was about being at the right place at the right time, not because of his coverage skills. I like Jenkins, he is a great athlete with a bright future. But, he has not performed at a 1st round-caliber level IMHO, especially when you take into consideration Scandrick's play as a 5th (?) rounder.
It was a heads up INT. Its not the first we've had this season. But we haven't made them. We've had plenty of chances at INT's. Pac-Man himself has had atleast 2 dropped. So I don't take lightly what Jenkins did. It would've been a game changer had we had a offense worth a damn on Sunday. If Jenkins wasn't paying attention the INT wouldn't have been a gimmie as it looked. I'm not quite sure what you expect for a cornerback in his 1st year in the league. Running back is probably the easiest position to play coming into the league and even you see Darren McFadden having problems. So i'm not sure exactly why you'd expect a cornerback to come into the league and be a beast. When does that happen? He's made plays this year. He's been one of our best tacklers at the cornerback spot even though he did miss that last tackle in closing minutes. He's he had key deflections. I hear Scandrick has been good and yea he's been solid but he hasn't made the plays Jenkins has. He actually was ahead of Jenkins in the depth chart against the Cleveland Browns and now he's behind Jenkins. And let's not mistake Scandrick for a 4th or 5th rounder. The only reason he went that low was because of "character issues".
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote