View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 12:37 PM   #511
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Unfortunately, I do not have all the data, but your point is well taken and very plausible.

Do you find a possible correlation between the areas and the leadership at the Mayor of those cities?

It is rather interesting to find the 10 worst all have 10 Mayors who are Democrat and then to find out the historical time frame that the Democrats have been in charge of those cities.

Don't get me wrong, I know without a doubt that the Republicans have theri fair share of incompetence as a party and within their own individuals using the "R" under their name. But I find it interesting to see this list and honestly I was surprised NOT to see an "R" represented in those cities.

Perhaps the Republicans should truly campaign on Change and Hope in these 10 cities?

this could easily be a bit of correlation and causation type confusion.

perhaps for whatever reason cities with high incidents of poverty find the democratic pitch more palatable??? The inference then is not that dem mayors and policies are the cause of poverty, but instead an inadequate response.

likewise, suppose we saw some stats where the 10 richest cities were traditionally governed by republicans. So what? This could easily mean nothing other than where people are already quite content, they prefer that the government not interfere, not that the government's actions (or lackthereof) were the cause of the city's riches.

hence,

in poor cities, people say "please government do more"
in rich cities, people say "please government do less"

we still haven't accounted for what caused the respective cities to be rich or poor in the first place.

n'est ce pas?