View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 05:22 AM   #18
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Avery didn't just melt down. Avery melted and then evaporated in record time. He disappeared like David Blayne.

Trust me, that particular feat is not going to be matched any time soon. Any parallels you would draw would have no basis whatsoever.
No kidding. The Mavs would've won back to back championships in 06 and 07 if they had a coach who didn't have his head up his ass IMO.

When you look back on it, it really is baffling that he got hired in the first place. I mean, back then, wasn't the mantra "Anything short of a championship is a failure" or something like that? So you have a team that is absolutely bound and determined to win a championship, and you hire a guy with absolutely no coaching experience whatsoever? A guy less than a year removed from his career as a player? I mean, I know Phil Jackson and Greg Popovich weren't available, but seriously, if Nellie steps down at least use Del Harris as the interim coach or something.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote