View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 09:30 AM   #22
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
No kidding. The Mavs would've won back to back championships in 06 and 07 if they had a coach who didn't have his head up his ass IMO.

When you look back on it, it really is baffling that he got hired in the first place. I mean, back then, wasn't the mantra "Anything short of a championship is a failure" or something like that? So you have a team that is absolutely bound and determined to win a championship, and you hire a guy with absolutely no coaching experience whatsoever? A guy less than a year removed from his career as a player? I mean, I know Phil Jackson and Greg Popovich weren't available, but seriously, if Nellie steps down at least use Del Harris as the interim coach or something.
good grief. you are off your rocker.
Just because the team wants to win really, really, really bad means that any coach could get them to the finals? That's just nuts. Didn't Avery bring that motto in the first place? We barely sniffed a championship before he was here, and things aren't looking so great now that he's gone. Avery was the right coach at the right time that finals year. Something fell apart during the finals (and the refs had more to do with it than Avery), and that something is still fallen apart. It could very easily be Josh Howard or Jason Terry.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote